Want To Play Regularly?

If you're an avid player who lives in KL and are looking to play regularly, email thepokerempire@gmail.com for more info!

RSS Subscription

Subscribe via RSS reader:
Subscribe via Email Address:
 

Plugging away…

Posted By Eugene T On 11:27 PM Under , , ,

Couldn’t join a big local tourney that’s on going right now due to a player cap the organizers imposed on the event, so am entertaining myself joining online tournaments on PokerStars and Fulltilt. Got a whole bunch of friends playing at the event though, hope they do well…

It’s a good time to reflect a bit on my tourney play though. In a $26 tournament on Fulltilt, I was doing pretty well with an average chip stack early in the tournament. Got AKo on the button and cutoff raised to 4xBB. I decided to play it passively and flat called. Everyone else folded and it was me and him to the flop. Flop came AsTh9h, and cutoff bet 2/3rds the pot. I flat called and the turn came a Kh, which gave me top two pair. Cutoff checked, and I bet 1/3rd of the pot. He called and the river came an 8h. He shoved all in. I folded.

I probably played it horribly wrong from the flop, but I was thinking to wait till the turn before making any decisive actions. Sigh. Poker hasn’t been too kind to me. Raised again from the button later with ATs and got a call from big blind and an earlier limper. Flop came KQ5 and action was checked to me. I was short-stacked, slightly more than the pot, so I shoved all in. Limper calls with 54o.

Joined yet another tournament, and lost when I raised with KK, got a caller on the button and the flop came 679. I bet heavily and he called. Turn came a 2, and I went all in for 2/3rds of the pot. He calls with a set of 7s.

What am I doing wrong….

0 comments -

Post a Comment